Profile of the applicants
To apply, you must prove possession of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in any area of knowledge related to engineering, biology or medicine with the ability to contribute to the development of any of the research topics of the Doctorate in Biological and Medical Engineering.
Applicants must have an university degree in Biology, Engineering, Medicine or a related discipline and upper-intermediate English level accredited through an International Certificate (ALTE 3 o B2). They must also show strong interest in the intersection between these disciplines.
Previous conversations with professors with the program will be strongly valued in the selection process. For this reason, it is suggested to get in contact with IBME professors before sending the required documents.
- Copy of the online application request and exemption fee document
- Notarial copy of university degree, original ranking certification and pertinent grades for each university title obtained. In case of foreign applicants, it must precise the evaluation scale used and minimum score of approval. In addition, foreign academic background certification, rankings and grades must be legalised in the country of origin;
- Application form (personal details, academic activity, graduate teaching, research, publications and other relevant information);
- Curriculum Vitae
- Original current international certification of English level ALTE 3 or B2 at the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Written declaration of purpose explaining the motivations to apply to the PhD Program, academic goals and potential supervisor/s. PhD applicants in co-supervision should explain briefly the way in which the joint supervision will be developed;
- Copy of the RUT (both sides) or passport (first page and a copy of the Visa).
For the selection of students, academic performance, curriculum vitae, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation and a personal interview in which the motivation and knowledge of the applicants will be evaluated will be taken into account. Each of these items will be evaluated from 1-7 points.