The Institute of Biological and Medical Engineering UC is located on the 7th floor of the Science and Technology Building with 800 m² in which are the offices of the academics and professionals of the IIBM UC, as well as the administrative officials in charge of attending to the students and their academic coordination. It also has three meeting rooms; a file; laboratories ready for teaching; four experimental rooms (16 m²), and a 60 m² study room.
Thus, the IIBM building has the following facilities dedicated to the research of its professionals and students:
- Biological Engineering Laboratory - Tissue
- Biological Engineering Laboratory - Bacteria
- Biomedical Engineering Laboratory
- Mass spectrometer QSTAR elite
- Fluorescence microscope 1
- Fluorescence microscope 2