Professor Zacconi is a graduate and Doctor in Chemistry from the Universidad Nacional del Sur, Argentina, where she worked as a teacher and researcher until 2012. Between 2009 and 2012 she developed both postdoctoral stages at Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (USC, Spain) and Institute of Organic Synthesis (ISO, Spain). In 2012 she was part of the STVP-UC Program for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Stanford University, USA). Moreover, Prof. Zacconi was an invited professor at Boston College (2014-2015, Massachusetts, USA), University of Sussex (2019-2021, Sussex, UK) and University of Notre Dame (2020, Indiana, USA).
She is currently an Associate Professor at the Organic Chemistry Department of the Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. Since 2020 she is Associate Professor at the Institute of Biological and Medical Engineering UC (IIBM-UC). Furthermore, Prof. Zacconi is an Associate Member of the Research Center for Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials (CIEN-UC).
Flavia's research focuses on the intersections of organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, engineering and biological chemistry, developing multi- and interdisciplinary research projects from the basic sciences to the applied science regarding the potential applications of these developments.
For more information about Dr. Zacconi research background visit her research group website here
- Chemist, Universidad Nacional del Sur, Argentina, 2000.
- Degree in Chemistry, Universidad Nacional del Sur, Argentina, 2003.
- PhD in Chemistry, Universidad Nacional del Sur, Argentina, 2009.
- Degree in University Teaching UC, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile, 2016.
- Medical, Medicinal, Biological and Organic Chemistry
- Design of drugs
- Materials, nanotechnology and structural analysis