Mechanical engineer specialized in engineering design and neuroscience, professor Sitaram was Senior Research Fellow at PSG College of Technology (Coimbatore), Research Scientist at the Kent Ridge Digital Labs in Singapore, Senior Research Scientist at the Institute of Medical Psychology & Behavioural Neurobiology Eberhard-Karls-University, and Assistant Professor at the University of Florida in Gainesville. Currently he is an associate professor in the School of Medicine and the Institute of Biological and Medical Engineering at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, where he also leads the Laboratory of Brain-Machine Interfaces and Neuromodulation.
Dr. Sitaram's research is at the intersection of neuroscience, imaging and computational intelligence, as well as is based on the fundamental neuropsychological paradigms of learning to induce changes in the brain and behavior; combining it with innovative developments in functional and structural brain imaging, physiological measurement technology, and computational algorithms.
- B.S., Engineering, Mysore University, India, 1988
- M.S., Engineering, Bharathiar University, India, 1991
- Ph.D. Neuroscience, summa cum laude, University of Tuebingen, Germany, 2008
- Neuroscience and neuroimaging
- Brain-computer interfaces
- Neurofeedback and connectomics